Dynamic IP

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Hostin

Dynamic IP

Post by Hostin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm

is there anyway to get server that will give you different IP everytime you reconnect to it?

kh_tsang

Re: Dynamic IP

Post by kh_tsang » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 am

This is just the problem on the DHCP, not the Softether server itself.

Hostin

Post by Hostin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 am

kh_tsang wrote:
> This is just the problem on the DHCP, not the Softether server itself.
it's not problem. that what i mean - can i find vpn server that will give me dynamic ip, like my provider do...(but now i'm on wifi, so i can't just restart my connection to get other ip, like i did before...)

kh_tsang

Post by kh_tsang » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

I think the providers that provides public IP address will provide static/dedicated one instead of dynamic one.

NYITGuy

Post by NYITGuy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 pm

There are different settings based on each VPN supplier, but I would like to ask WHY?

First, true browsing without tracing is truly impossible if you know how to track back every ip and mac regardless of spoofing.

However, if the purpose of asking if you can get a different DHCP address every time you connect to a vpn is so that you think the browse cannot be tracked back to you, that is just one minor obstacle. Since tables can be kept linking any source IP with a DHCP IP at any point in time, any proper search will reveal the original client.

If the purpose of getting a DHCP address is that you think you are now browsing out of a different server with a different ip, you may or may not be correct in that assumption.

If your looking for protection by adding layers to make it more difficult to backtrack then yes, you want to use a vpn service where the vpn host may change and thereby use different outgoing IP's. In addition, getting a different local VPN IP is also another layer of help since dhcp tables can get quite large over time. I need to point out that using the same MAC address on your device you may always get the same DHCP address since that is the way the DHCP servers can be setup.

To get a different local IP you may have to do either: [1:] wait a long time for the lease to expire - if it ever does - or [2:] change your mac address every time to get an unused DHCP address.

Why did you ask?