PC-TO-PC VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
voclite

PC-TO-PC VPN

Post by voclite » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello
I want to create a VPN network using SoftEther VPN server and Client. SoftEther Server will be hosted on public IP and Client will connect from private network. In server's private IP network (supposed 192.168.2.1) one X-application-server will be listen on 192.168.2.1:8080 and from client vpn pc X-application-client will be connected with X-application-server which is hosted at same server of SoftEther VPN server. So, my Client-Server application will work through SoftEther VPN network.

Is there anybody who can help me on this issue? If need I agree to be contracted.

Thanks

mesa57

Re: PC-TO-PC VPN

Post by mesa57 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

Setup is pretty simpel. Just install the softether server on you're server and create a local bridge.
If you then connect from you're client to you're server with softether client, the client will become part of the servers network. It will get a local IP adres from the server. From there on you can use you're client/server programm as if on a local network.

voclite

Post by voclite » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks for response. I already setup like your suggestion but clients virtual nic could not get ip from server dhcp. Here I stuck I do it several times but doesnt get luck. My client show that its connect but traffic could not go through server and nic didnt get IP.

mesa57

Post by mesa57 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Is the local bridge on the server configured to the hub to which the client is connecting ? Is virtual NAT on that hub disabled ?
You're clients VPN adapter should be configured to get IP automaticly (default).
And of course on the server side there should be a DHCP server (most of the times the router where the physical nic which is bridged is connected to).
The DHCP server on the server side should provide an IP address to the VPN client adapter.

voclite

Post by voclite » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi mesa57, Again Thanks for your reply. I disabled the secureNAT option in server side for performance issue. Actually I want to make this VPN for VoIP purpose uses. Can you help me on this issue professionally? If you have similar type of experience please give me your consultation. If you agree then I will mail you my network diagram. Waiting for your email address.

mesa57

Post by mesa57 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Sorry, I am not a professional, but just a user of the wonderfull softether software :)
Users on this forum try to help each other in public so everybody can learn.
If I read you're post, you don't have a special network setup, so there should be no reason why it won't work.
Btw. I will not publish my email address on the forum to prevent spam.