DNS server address not working on client windows 7/8

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
coopzone

DNS server address not working on client windows 7/8

Post by coopzone » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 am

I have a problem in that. Windows XP with a PPP dialup (for 3g modem) works fine, when I start the vpn connection, the DNS server ip address's of my internal network are used correctly. NSLOOKUP shows the correct default server. My internal names resolve correctly.

However when I try the same operation from a windows 7/8 machine, the DNS server address's remain those of my 3g provider set via the PPP dialup. The virtual network card shows the correct DNS ip address's but when I do NSLOOKUP it shows the PPP dial up link address. Name resolution for internal hosts fails.

Further, if I do not use the VPN client, instead I try the built in windows client, that works correctly and I get name resolution for internal hosts.

If I use a wireless connection (to and android phone) then everything works ok. It's just when I am using a Dialup 3g connection and the VPN client on windows 7/8

I only started using this software 2 weeks ago, and the installed versions are the latest for Linux server (on centos 6.4) and VPN client on windows.

The logs for the client do not show any errors