suggestions: DHCP (server) option TRIM in packets

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
modma

suggestions: DHCP (server) option TRIM in packets

Post by modma » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 pm

hi, first congratulate you because this software is really liking me, I find it very comfortable to manage and high power the possibilities offered

I will suggest some options on SoftEther Server:
a Local Bridge, would be necessary in many cases an option in the Security Policies, have the ability to do a Trim (analyzing the DHCP packets) to the Gateway (one policy option to suppress this information) and DNS (another option policy to suppress this information)

The reason I suggest this is because I block using the Routing Policy Security Operation (deny access to the Gateway), but this slows my connection in Windows because it tries to go to Gateway VPN adapter, would be much more optimal rewrite the DHCP packet supressing the IP address, by reason of the LAN, I can not remove these options from the actual DHCP server (real LAN users)

and another option that occurred to me, is to force clients always engaged communication with activated data compression, this is interesting because in Spain (my country), internet connections are very slow and would need to clients optimize width maximum possible bandwidth...

thanks

modma

Re: suggestions: DHCP (server) option TRIM in packets

Post by modma » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 am

good job with the SecureNat: static routing option
resolves at 85% my problems withs the gateways

thanks!