Installation without SecureNAT

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
cdalar

Installation without SecureNAT

Post by cdalar » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi All,

I had installed and very happy with softether first of all. Using it with SecureNAT but like to switch it off and use Local Bridge because of cpu usage and to be clean etc.

I couldn't understand what I need really so I need some help. What I understand is I need,
1. DHCP server to give local ip addresses to clients.
2. Routing / NAT.

I had installed dhcp server on my linux server. When I logged in to VPN I got an IP from DHCP so it seems it's working fine..

For Routing I had tried to go through the ubuntu docs and configured it (iptables masqurating, sysctl ip forward=1 etc stuff. ) but couldn't manage to connect to internet after I logged in to VPN from the client machine.
So some questions?

1. I only have one physical interface and it has a real IP. so should I give an alias like eth0:0 with an ip 192.168.0.1 which should be defined as gateway on clients? How should I do it?

2. Should I create the local bridge over "eth0" interface? That is the only interface I see on the dropdown menu anyway.

So.. What should I do to use SoftEther without SecureNAT?

Thanks in advance..
CD

mesa57

Re: Installation without SecureNAT

Post by mesa57 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 pm

I just created a bridge to eth0 and NOT installed a dhcp server.
The router connected to eth0 contains a dhcp server which will give the client the correct IP, gateway and dns ip's.