softether server manager quick question

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
deflax

softether server manager quick question

Post by deflax » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm

hi there :)

first of all i have to say that im impressd by amount of work done for this project. good job :)

however as a paranoid server administrator im kinda confused about how could the server manager can connect to a remote vpn server (through tcp port 5555 as it say) successfully even if this port is not forwared to the local virtual machine! It feels like i've just installed a trojan horse :>

i mean this maybe the part of the things that make softether vpn so great but im kinda concerned how this is possible without any cloud service sitting in between or something?! or is it :) both server manager and vpn server are behind NAT (done with pretty standart iptables script)

also my second question is - when you install a softether vpn server somehwere and register some subdomain to softether.net dyndns and then make a reinstall it say that the subdomain is already used. how can i revoke that? thanks :)

deflax

Re: softether server manager quick question

Post by deflax » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm

ah i think i've figured it out :)

declare ServerConfiguration
{
bool DisableNatTraversal true

:)

edit: 'Added the option to disable the NAT Traversal tunneling function on the connection settings screen in VPN Client and Cascade Connection.' nice :D