Layer 3 Switch start and stop

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
mstenz

Layer 3 Switch start and stop

Post by mstenz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:04 am

Hi,

why is it needed to stop the virtual L3 switch when changing the settings?
Doing that will completely interrupt the traffic. Isnt there a possibility to add or delete switch configurations while the switch is up?

I plan to have a lot of different L3 networks/hubs (will be 300-500) while adding the configuration daily. And with the current possibility there will be many interruption of the service.

Any suggestions?

rgds.
Michael

dnobori

Re: Layer 3 Switch start and stop

Post by dnobori » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 am

The current version of SoftEther VPN Server doesn't support the L3SW on-the-running configuration. Your contribution to the source code is much appriciated! https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/

mstenz

Re: Layer 3 Switch start and stop

Post by mstenz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi,
even If i whould I cannot contribute, because of missing deep knowledge in developer skills :(
But can you please give me a hint what technical thing currently prevents the possibility to change data "live"? So maybe if I understand whats the reason why its developed like that, I also will understand how much work it will need to change something to it and can see if I am able to fund it.
rgds.
Michael