central user/group/security policy database for many nodes

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
seccentral

central user/group/security policy database for many nodes

Post by seccentral » Mon May 05, 2014 11:13 am

Hello.
I have multiple softether nodes running and want to make them all use the same database of users/groups and of course the security policies defined per group/user.
I noticed RADIUS auth is available, however it doesn't help the security policy rules at all.

And it's tiresome to update every single node by hand.

I want to know if there is a way to
- have more softether instances each on separate machines each running at least one virtual hub and
- all the hubs declared above be able to share the same user / group / sec policy database.
- have a sort of centralized bandwidth counters/max logins/etc infrastructure wide.

Also, i noticed the configuration is stored in vpn_server.config including users and policies. can this be split ? so that i can have a text database only of users groups and policies shared via ssh for example and all hubs accessing it ?
Since as it is now, if i copy one vpn_server.config to another node it basically creates a clone including what i don't want (the node name and other settings).

seccentral

Re: central user/group/security policy database for many nod

Post by seccentral » Fri May 09, 2014 2:05 pm

bump