Please add new functions and extend existing !

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Oooo1

Please add new functions and extend existing !

Post by Oooo1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:31 pm

There was Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with openswan+xl2tpd installed with the same address space as for local net as for remote net and proxyarp was switched on also. It was called "Server" , for example.
There were Win XP/7/8 as clients.
So, "Server" could be accessed from remote clients by its IP and by IP which was dedicated as VPN server IP (I used different IPs but of course from one IP address space) .
For example:
IP of server: 192.168.0.254
IP of VPN server: 192.168.0.100
IP for VPN cleints: 192.168.0.200-215
But now I have installed SoftEther (the last version) and set up Secure NAT and bridge for local eth0 inreface and I can' t get access from remote clients to my "Server" by its IP. I can access only by Secure Nat Virtual Host IP.
That' s great that there is fully bridging (xl2tpd as openswan don' t have it, and because of that I needed to use proxyarp) , but is it possible to extend SoftEther functionality, that I could get the same functionality I mentioned above ?
I tried to set Secure Nat Virtual Host IP as "Server" IP (eth0) with bridging for this interface, but after that I could not access "Server" from local net, only from remote net.
At the moment I can' t access "Server" by Secure Nat Virtual Host IP from Lan clients.
By the way, there is 1.0.0.1 IP as server IP in Win7 Vpn L2tp connection.
But I assigned other IP to Secure Nat Virtual Host IP even from other IP space.
Then, xl2tpd has some looks like dhcp behaviour, it can assign as IP range, DNS and Wins. And I don' t have any DHCP servers in my LAN.
SoftEther has as I have understood the same, but within SecureNat.
Is it possible to add Dhcp at SoftEther that could functioning separatelly from SecureNat or without it switching on or using it ?
Because I can' t use SecureNat from setting of Secure Nat Virtual Host IP, but if I assign IP differs from eth0 "Server" IP as if I assign this IP as eth0 bridged IP, I have troubles. ?
And please add Wins providing additionally to DNS (Wins1 and Wins2) .
And do SoftEther support ikev2 ?

Oooo1

Re: Please add new functions and extend existing !

Post by Oooo1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:01 am

Some short explanation of posted above:
So, additionally to Bridge, some look like proxyarping and bcrelay is necessary between local interface and SoftEther either virtual interface or some what acts as interface (SoftEther don' t create any interface except tap one) .
Or to add proxyarping and bcrelay between local eth interface and assigned in SecureNAT Virtual Host IP.
Additionally to DHCP to SecureNAT Dhcp, IP pool assignment for VPN clients as for VPN server is necessary also acting separate from SecureNAT.
Providing of Wins within DNS is necessary.
What about choosing of esp/ike for Ipsec (in particular L2tp/Ipsec) ?
What about ikev2 support ?
And is clientless SSL browser VPN (with java applet) planning ?

thisjun

Re: Please add new functions and extend existing !

Post by thisjun » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

We have the GitHub page for the development task of SoftEther VPN.
https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEth ... state=open

Please consider to post your feature request on the above ticket system.