MAC filtering with Access Lists for vpn users

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
iarca

MAC filtering with Access Lists for vpn users

Post by iarca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello Forum users,
I want each vpn user to connect to hub only with their specific user and device. I don't want them to share their user name/password each other. VPN users will use L2TP/IPSec with password.
I thought this can be done with MAC filtering. I created several test users and successfully created Accesss Lists for one of them. In my scenario, only the device (PC, laptop, mobile etc.) which passes the MAC filtering via Access Lists can access the VPN server. But I can see from Manage Sessions/MAC address table; MAC address has been given to a user/device who connects first. So I can not filter the connection according to device MAC address. I use dnsmasq to deploy IP addresses, this maybe needs to be corrected within dnsmasq, but I didn't understand.
Is there any solution to doing this MAC filtering in Softether software?
Thanks in advance....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thisjun

Re: MAC filtering with Access Lists for vpn users

Post by thisjun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:04 am

In L2TP connection, the MAC address is virtual MAC address. You can see MAC address in MAC address table, however, it's not bound to unique user.