Error creating Virtual Network Adapter in Windows 7

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jcjc1

Error creating Virtual Network Adapter in Windows 7

Post by jcjc1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:27 pm

I have Windows Home Premium 7 64 bit. I have tried nearly everything to install Softether and I get an error right after the first installation that says " Installation of the Virtual Network Adapter device driver failed". I have tried in safe mode. I tried disabling "driver signature" at boot up. I tried compatibility mode Windows XP. I tried right clicking and running as Administrator. I tried disabling my Norton Firewall. No luck.

I did install a Virtual machine with a different version of Windows and while inside the VM I could install Softether just fine. Anyone have any suggestion on how to install Softether on my main computer?

thisjun

Re: Error creating Virtual Network Adapter in Windows 7

Post by thisjun » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:46 am

Could you uninstall Norton Firewall and re-install SoftEther?

jcjc1

Re: Error creating Virtual Network Adapter in Windows 7

Post by jcjc1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I use Norton 360 and would have to uninstall all of it entirely. So I am reluctant to do that right now. Maybe after my subscription runs out and before a new version is installed. I have tried disabling both firewall and antivirus before I tried to install Softether. And I tried after booting to safe mode. No luck either way. The Manager will install, it just won't install a virtual adapter. Softether installs just fine if I use a Virtual machine. But that does not have Norton Firewall on it. Any other ideas? Has anyone with Norton 360 got the Virtual Adapter to install?