Connection settings

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
james_bd

Connection settings

Post by james_bd » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:55 am

Hello,

I have a very simple question, and hope I can get an answer from the community.

I'm new to Softether VPN and I just can't figure out how to make it running. I DID read the online documentation, searched the answer in online forums, youtube, etc. for a week now. Unfortunately, it seems to be generally assumed that all you need to do is to click download, install and everything will be running smoothly. And if suddently soemthing is not running well, then you need the trouble-shooter. However, it doesn't always run in the very beginning.

What I'm looking is a detailed step-by-step explanation what to set up in which Softether and/or network settings to change in the very beginning. There much be an article that outlines this, but it is extremely hard to find it. the troubleshooting guide is not user-friendly at all and doesn't answer the basic questions.

If someone could just point me to the right direction, that would be very much appreciated! A link to the right article/video would be perfect. Like I said, I've tried a lto, and it's just frustrating...

mesa57

Re: Connection settings

Post by mesa57 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 am

I think nobody in this community will write a guide like 'softether for dummies'.
But if you explain you're configuration and describe which problems you encounter, I am sure many people are willing to help you.

james_bd

Post by james_bd » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you for your suggestion, however I did not ask anyone to write a guide for me, moreover I do not want to trouble someone with a long discussion of how to solve my issue. It's a no-brainer that such forum discussions often last way more than a few days.

I believe I was very specific in my post, saying that I'm looking for some article or video on the details of basic configuration. I am NOT asking for anything else than the right link, as everyone's time is limited.

Again, if someone knows some good resources apart from www.softether.org, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share the link(s).

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 am