How do I enable split routing?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
oheyder

How do I enable split routing?

Post by oheyder » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:38 am

I am running the VPN client on windows 8 x64 with all default configurations on the latest version (v4.10-9473-beta). I'm trying to find a way to run specific applications with the network adapter using forcebindip (http://old.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/) which I'm hoping will route all packets to and from that application through the vpn and nothing else. If this is not possible, I still cannot figure out how to set up normal split routing. In OpenVpn, I used "route <ip> 255.255.255.255 route-nopull", and would like to find a similar way to implement that. I've tried changing the ipv4 address used and the Interface metric, but am still not sure how to make use of it. It obviously does what it should, not allow all access through the vpn, but I can't seem to allow anything to access the vpn with that setup. I'm a new user and not very advanced, so small words would be nice. So, if there's any way to route only the traffic from specific programs (I'd love to use it with Skype), that would be fantastic, but if not please explain how I can setup split routing. Sorry if this isn't very clear. Thank you in advance!

thisjun

Re: How do I enable split routing?

Post by thisjun » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:25 am

You can use split tunneling.
Please refer message of "Edit the static routing table to push" in SecureNAT configuration.

oheyder

Re: How do I enable split routing?

Post by oheyder » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:10 pm

thisjun wrote:
> You can use split tunneling.
> Please refer message of "Edit the static routing table to push"
> in SecureNAT configuration.

Thank you for the reply. I'll look into it. (: