Can't establish bridge conn between two LANs if ISP is same.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
mqasim4all

Can't establish bridge conn between two LANs if ISP is same.

Post by mqasim4all » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:39 am

Hi,
I want to connect site A and site B:
- Site A, Main office, have installed VPN Server),
- Site B, branch office, Have VPN bridge
- Site C, my home from where I'm working remotely using TeamViewer. Have VPN bridge.

Site A and B is using internet from the same provider and I noticed that there router don't have a public IPs. But site C router have public IP.
I can make a successful cascade connection to site A from site C, but from site B even the "virtual hub name" is not populated.

Now for testing I Installed VPN server on site C and I was able to make successful cascade from Site A to Site C and also from Site B to Site C.

Then I uninstalled VPN bridge on site B and Installed VPN server on site B. And tried a cascade connection from site A to site B and it didn't work. But from site C to site B cascade connection did work. My finding is site A and site B can't be connect with each other but site C connect to both of them. Please suggest me how can I get rid of this situation.

dajhorn

Re: Can't establish bridge conn between two LANs if ISP is s

Post by dajhorn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:46 pm

The VPN server at Site A requires a port forwarding from the router that is doing NAT and holding the real IPv4 address. (The default ports for SoftEther are 443, 992, 1194, and 5555.)

If Site A and Site B are behind the same NAT router, then the VPN server at Site B should should contact the VPN server at Site A using its private internal address. Some routers cannot reflect connections between private internal addresses through NAT rules for an external address, which is the address that the DDNS feature resolves. (eg: MyComputer.softether.net is incorrect when the client and server are behind the same NAT.)

If Site A and Site B are behind a CGN-style NAT that does not permit port forwarding, then you must use something like the VPNAzure feature or run the SoftEther VPN server elsewhere.