large scale computers access internet through multi hubs

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
colapig

large scale computers access internet through multi hubs

Post by colapig » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:51 am

I setting up a VPN server for roaming user to access internet:

user ------Internet---->VPN server------>Internet

I tried 2 type of connection method.

1. create few virtual hubs. Create local bridge for each hub. User can access the internet after connected to their hub. But user can be accessed each others even they are login to different hubs. The internet access speed is very fast.

2. create few virtual hubs, create NAT & DHCP for each hub. The user can't be accessed each others. But the connection response slowly. when I enter a URL and press enter. the website will be displayed after few secs. a messege display one the footer of the brower said it's resolving the host name. I have use the ISP dns IP in the dhcp server, but can't solve this problem.

I would like to know what's the best solution for large scale roaming user access the internet through the VPN server ?

Thanks,
Nicholas

thisjun

Re: large scale computers access internet through multi hubs

Post by thisjun » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:59 am

Please unite hubs, and use PrivacyFilterMode in Security Policy.
Because PrivacyFilterMode doesn't work for user on another hub.

colapig

Post by colapig » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks for your reply. I still not too understand how. To do that. But after some tests. I found that the location of thedns is very important. Nat+dhcp can be used now. Though the speed is a little slower than used local bridge. But has improved a lot after changed the DNS. I got two programs to evaluate the performance of different DNS

colapig

Post by colapig » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 am

I have read the definition of the privacyfiltermode in english and chinese document. But I still not sure what does it can do. Is this function can isolated the user in that hub and prohibit them communicate with each other?

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:20 am

colapig wrote:
> Is this function can isolated the user in that hub and prohibit them communicate with each other?

Yes.