Using SoftEther Client with ProXPN OpenVPN server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jemxpat

Using SoftEther Client with ProXPN OpenVPN server

Post by jemxpat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 am

I am using SoftEther 4.11 build 9506 on Windows 7. My client can connect well to a SoftEther server which I control, all is well with that connection.

I would like to also use the same client to connect to an OpenVPN service. In particular, I am using proXPN, which supports OpenVPN and PPTP connections. When I try to connect to the proXPN server, I always receive an error message:

Error (Error Code 1):
Connection to the server failed. Check network connection and
make sure that address and port number of destination server are
correct.

Is there a way to get the connection to work with a standard OpenVPN server and the SoftEther client?

Is there a way to get more detailed log information on failed connections?

-jem

jemxpat

Re: Using SoftEther Client with ProXPN OpenVPN server

Post by jemxpat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Thinking about this more, it seems I have misunderstood the protocols supported. While the SoftEther *server* supports multi-protocol and other clients and methods of connecting, the SoftEther *client* can only be used with a SoftEther server. Is this correct?

-jem

qupfer

Post by qupfer » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:21 pm

jemxpat wrote:
> Is this correct?

Yes ;)

moatazelmasry

Post by moatazelmasry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 pm

SoftEther client only supports SoftEther protocol. And afaik there are no plans to extend it to support other protocols.
If you need to use OpenVPN, then the official OpenVPN client is your best option :)