"Network cable unplugged"

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
JJJYXMR

"Network cable unplugged"

Post by JJJYXMR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

i have a msi gaming 7 motherboard and because of this it comes with a killer Ethernet network known as
"Killer e2200 gigabyte ethernet controller"

it won't let me connect to any server and at the same time i believe it's because it states that my vpn client adapter isn't working. when troubleshooting it tells me to plug my ethernet cable into the ethernet port when it's already in my ethernet port.

what can i do to enable it? the VPN client adapter?

BoredAus

Re: "Network cable unplugged"

Post by BoredAus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 am

If you have a spare network card, try using that. Preferrably not the same brand "killer" network card.

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:59 am

i don't have a wireless card since i don't need it because i connect right to ethernet for my networks.

i'm confused because it like i said when troubleshooting it tells me to plug the ethernet cable in to the ethernet port when it's already plugged in

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 am

What I meant was for you to try another way of connecting to your own network without using that same "killer" ethernet card as a way to ascertain if the same ethernet card is causing the issue.

Whilst we are at it, have you tried other VPN softwares to see if the same issue occurs with that same ethernet card?

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:02 pm

i don't think it's possible to actually connect the two as they are two networking "cards" so i can't unless if i can find a way to do so but so far no luck

and i haven't actually i came across this site so i could play a game in latin america which i currently live in the us.

i came across this from a video so i haven't used any other software for vpn softwares.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:39 am

Temporarily disable the killer ethernet card and use the other one to connect to the internet/network.

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 pm

doesn't work at all. it's not a matter of being able to disable the killer ethernet and being able to turn the adapter on it's that the adapter won't work at all. technically it's "on" and while it's down i can still disable it if that makes sense.
it's "working" but i can still disable it so when it's "on" it's still not working.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 pm

When you disable a network card, it usually removes any configuration that it has namely it's IP address, subnet mask and gateway IP address, etc. Sure, essentially the network card is still physically powered on, it is just not configured.

The reason why I said to disable the killer network card and enable another physical network card is so that both would not be using the same gateway IP. The whole purpose of this is to find out exactly what is causing the issue, this is the most basic steps of troubleshooting. There are no magic bullets to solving everything given the fact that I cannot physically see your setup from my end.

The only other way is to try another VPN software and whilst using the same killer network card see if the problem still persists. If it does, then you know it has nothing to do with SoftEther VPN or that other VPN software but it is more to do with software or hardware issue with your machine. Otherwise the issue would then become SoftEther.

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:11 pm

this is what i meant by nothing changes with the vpn adapter regardless if the killer ethernet is on or off it stays the same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am

I had to look back at what you said initially.

Ok, apart from disabling the killer ethernet card considering that is your only physical network card. Have you tried connecting to a VPN server to see if it goes through the usual routines such as obtaining IP addresses? By default SoftEther VPN creates a VPN card that appears in the screenshot you have provided minus the physical adapter killer e2200 ethernet card being disabled.

As soon as you connect to a VPN server using SoftEther VPN, the status of the VPN card shown in that screenshot changes into identifying mode before being connected. The screenshot that you have provided simply indicates that you are not connected to a VPN network and hence it is the default stance if you like.

What I don't understand is why would it not allow you to connect to any VPN server? Unless your SoftEther VPN is setup to not manage that VPN network card, it should be able to manage it. Check your SoftEther VPN Client Manager screen, on the bottom half of that window it shows VPN cards that SoftEther VPN has in control of. The very first one on the list should be the one matching in your screenshot labelled as VPN Client Adapter - VPN and the status shown for the ethernet adapter VPN should be listed as enabled.

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:18 pm

this is what it comes out to...
it lets me connect to the US which is where i am but no where else

i get the message when i try to connect out of the us--

"An error occurred while connection to VPN "186.94.188.234"."

"Error (Error Code1):
Connection to the server failed. Check network connection and make sure that address and port number of destination server are correct.

Do you wish to retry? (1 retries / total infinite retries)

An automatic reconnection will be made after 9 seconds..."

that's all i get when i try to connect to a server.

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 am

Ok, that could be anything being Code 1, have you checked the non US server's VPN log to see if it has seen your connection?

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 pm

what do you mean by "seen"?

and it connects to some other servers besides US but i forgot which ones... i need to connect to latin america and it won't let me connect to any server in latin america..

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:07 am

Do you have rights to access the VPN servers hosted in Latin America? if so, you can check the logs which VPN servers or daemons usually output.

Are you using VPNGate? if you are talking about VPNGate servers in Latin America this thread does not belong to this part of the forum.

JJJYXMR

Post by JJJYXMR » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:07 pm

i'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have rights to access the VPN servers hosted in Latin America? if so, you can check the logs which VPN servers or daemons usually output."

and i am using softether vpn client manager so yeah i guess i'm using vpn gate...

and my question was both how can i get in along with what's wrong with the adapter and how i could fix the adapter.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:53 am

Your adapter is not wrong.
Cable status will change when it connects to a VPN server.

This board is not for VPN Gate.
If you want to discuss about VPN Gate, please post to following board.
http://www.vpnusers.com/viewforum.php?f=11

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:35 pm

JJJYXMR wrote:
> i'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have rights to access the VPN
> servers hosted in Latin America? if so, you can check the logs which VPN
> servers or daemons usually output."

Any servers hosted on vpngate.net are VPN Gate servers, regardless if they are from Latin America or not. If you are using any of the servers listed on vpngate.net you are thereby using VPN Gate which as already stated that this thread does not belong on this part of the forum or board.

The servers listed on vpngate.net are servers mainly run by volunteers therefore you would not have access to the VPN servers via their logs. The logs I am referring to are the logs usually written inside the SoftEther VPN Server Manager directory under things like server_log, etc. Normally if you have access, it would imply none other than having ownership or part thereof to management of the VPN servers you are trying to connect to.

Already you have shown twice not to have an idea about access to the server so presumably you either have not set those Latin American servers up or you are simply using VPN Gate.

JJJYXMR wrote:
>
> and i am using softether vpn client manager so yeah i guess i'm using vpn
> gate...

Using SoftEther VPN Client Manager does not automatically mean you are using VPN Gate, even if you are using SoftEther VPN Client Manager with VPN Gate add-on it does not mean that you are still using VPN Gate. However, by either going into 'VPN Gate Public Relay VPN Servers' as shown here:
http://www.vpngate.net/images/ss/softet ... /en/04.jpg
or, by manually inputting any of the server details on the vpngate.net website by hand into SoftEther VPN Client Manager or any other L2TP, OpenVPN, SSTP, software you are basically using VPN Gate which again means this thread does not belong here.

JJJYXMR wrote:
>
> and my question was both how can i get in along with what's wrong with the
> adapter and how i could fix the adapter.

You must first answer whether or not you are using VPN Gate service. The answer will be simple if you are using VPN Gate as the only solution would be to post this in the appropriate section/board though otherwise the result is to try other hosts.

JordanFromIT

Post by JordanFromIT » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:45 am

JJJYXMR wrote:
> i have a msi gaming 7 motherboard and because of this it comes with a
> killer Ethernet network known as
> "Killer e2200 gigabyte ethernet controller"
>
> it won't let me connect to any server and at the same time i believe it's
> because it states that my vpn client adapter isn't working. when
> troubleshooting it tells me to plug my ethernet cable into the ethernet
> port when it's already in my ethernet port.
>
> what can i do to enable it? the VPN client adapter?

What you need to do in your network adapters page is bridge the vpn adapter and your "killer" ethernet controller, when you do this and reconnect to your vpn it should be working as I have done in the image uploaded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.