[Problem] Can't request an IP-Address to the DHCP

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
evildog1

[Problem] Can't request an IP-Address to the DHCP

Post by evildog1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Hello

After i formatted my local disk and do clean Windows 8 reinstall again, the SoftEther VPN does not work correctly and it can't request an IP-Address to the DHCP anymore. All intel network adapter are installed and updated to the latest version.

the VPN is connected but it get's stuck at "request an IP-Address to the DHCP" and the the dialog box just closes without any errors. Normally, it should tell me the DHCP IP-Address. Without telling users the DHCP IP-address, it means it does not work.

PLEASE HELP ME!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dajhorn

Re: [Problem] Can't request an IP-Address to the DHCP

Post by dajhorn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:15 pm

This is usually a server-side problem. The virtual hub must be running SecureNAT or be bridged into a LAN that is running a DHCP server.

Check the server logs for an obvious error message and connect to the server using a computer that is not running Windows 8.

evildog1

Post by evildog1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:01 pm

dajhorn wrote:
> This is usually a server-side problem. The virtual hub must be running
> SecureNAT or be bridged into a LAN that is running a DHCP server.
>
> Check the server logs for an obvious error message and connect to the
> server using a computer that is not running Windows 8.

Here is the logs. please check and help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dajhorn

Post by dajhorn » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:22 pm

These log files look normal. You still need to:

* Isolate for client problems by trying to connect from a different computer.
* Locate the DHCP server that the clients should use and double-check that it is connected to the virtual hub that is hosting VPN clients.

fidelbridi

Post by fidelbridi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Maybe your NAT trying to get a IP what is in Use...try to verfify your DHCP IPs registered in your router...

JeremyT

Post by JeremyT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:44 am

Hello There,

I have exactly the same issue. Its happens two times this week. I don't know why. (last time ia had to uninstall the logmein client on my server and all the network driver with it). Is a production server windows 2003...
The server works great and without any reason, when i try to connect with any client (L2PT android or windows client), the DHCP server do not response. It return an unknow IP that do not in my network.

The client and the server are still online, and do not reboot.
I dont have SecureNat, and the chexkbox disable t-nat is enable at the client. My setting is ok....Connection is on telnet port TCP 992.

The only thing i saw is on the manage session the TCP connection is on 1/2 instead of 2/2.

Any idea?

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:30 am

Check the server log.