Bypass local IP Address in SoftEther VPN Client

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
smartgig

Bypass local IP Address in SoftEther VPN Client

Post by smartgig » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Hello,

Here at my office, I have to enter my username and password to access the internet. Then I can run SoftEther VPN Client to connect to the VPN server and use it.

I have to not close the "Login page". If I close it, I'll be disconnected in 5 minutes. (seems that the login page is sending keep alive packets to the local internet account management system).

The problem is that when I connect to VPN by softether VPN, the packets couldn't be send to the local server (say 192.168.1.20) anymore and I get disconnected every 5 minutes...

Is there anyway to bypass an IP address for the packets to go directly instead of the VPN tunnel??

Thanks

dajhorn

Re: Bypass local IP Address in SoftEther VPN Client

Post by dajhorn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:25 am

> Is there anyway to bypass an IP address for the packets to go directly instead of the VPN tunnel??

Yes, by using `route` at a command prompt to set a low metric for the 192.168.1.20 network.

Connect to the VPN server, open a command prompt, run `route print`, and post the entire output here.