SoftEther VPN Client connectivity issue on Server 2003 R2

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
yasithab

SoftEther VPN Client connectivity issue on Server 2003 R2

Post by yasithab » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:32 pm

I have setup a SoftEther VPN server on an Amazon EC2 instance. I can connect it through SoftEther VPN Client which are installed on Server 2008R2 and Windows 8.1 computers without any issue. But when I try to connect it through Windows XP and Server 2003R2 installed computers (Same Softther VPN client installed), it connects but disconnects in few seconds (Connectivity is not stable). I have tried certificate based authentication and password based authentication both, but no luck. could you guys, please help me on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yasithab

Re: SoftEther VPN Client connectivity issue on Server 2003 R

Post by yasithab » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:31 am

Hello All,
I have fixed the issue myself. It was a METRIC value issue on server 2003. With SoftEther default configuration, the metric value automatically set to 1. It means server always uses VPN interface as its default gateway. In order to avoid this we have to assign a bigger metric value for VPN adapter (Interface which has the lowest metric value has the highest priority). Therefore you can manually assign a metric value like 20 or set it to automatic mode for the VPN adapter. It resolved my connectivity issue. Hope this helps. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.