Possible permission issue vpncmd

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
foxez

Possible permission issue vpncmd

Post by foxez » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:38 am

Hello lurkers! :)

So Im running Softether on my VPS but I do have run into some problems. Im using some 3rd party php scripts interfering with softether and when someone connects to the vpn my vpncmd process is freaking out and start using 100% of the CPU.

I think I have located the issue but I don't know how to solve it.. I've sat so that softether is using syslog to save logs.

Here is a log where the CPU is freaking out: http://pastebin.com/Y69GCBP8 interesting part is this:

"Connection "CID-2" connected using Virtual Hub Admin Mode. The name of the Virtual Hub is "Swag".
Connection "CID-2" was unable to log in using administration mode. Access has been denied. (Error code 12)
Connection "CID-2" terminated by the cause "No error." (code 0).
Connection "CID-2" has been terminated.
The connection with the client (IP address 127.0.0.1, Port number 46143) has been disconnected."

I have a server running the exact same setup (WORKING) and the logs there look like this:

Connection "CID-11" connected using Virtual Hub Admin Mode. The name of the Virtual Hub is "Swag".
Connection "CID-11" successfully logged in using administration mode.
Connection "CID-11" created a new remote procedure call session "RPC-92" for the purpose of administration mode.

Seems to be like some kind of permission issue.. And I only think that this is the issue since its the only thing that differs in the 2 logs.

Regards,

foxez

Re: Possible permission issue vpncmd

Post by foxez » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:36 pm

what i have tried so far:

Set my php scripts to 777, same with the vpncmd and still no success, any ideas? :)

foxez

Re: Possible permission issue vpncmd

Post by foxez » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Issue have been fixed apparently I was not able to login as a hub admin, i needed to change the password to something that wasn't my "root" password.