Softether and AD authentication using MS NPS

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
zatco

Softether and AD authentication using MS NPS

Post by zatco » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello,

I am attempting to use network policy service to authenticate with Softether. Server is currently installed on Debian 7.8

NPS has been setup with the Radius Client and Secret password on NPS. Under network policy I have a policy setup with Conditions:
Windows Group (VPN),
Tunnel L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP.
Authentication type: Everything Selected (tried each individual but no luck)

When I try to authenticate through radius port 1812 from Softether I get no response and fails immediately. I changed this to the accounting port (1813), and I see errors in the event viewer and appears to be trying to authenticate. Error attached.

Looking up the RFC 2865, field 1 is the username. I performed a wireshark capture testing the authentication, and from wireshark, the username is correct, and all lower case. This is the same for the username listed in the Softether Hub usernames. I have even tried username * to remove the specific auth.

Has anyone has any luck getting softether to authenticate with NPS for AD auth? I have other appliances that I configure and authenticate with out issue.

Any help or configuration examples would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.