VPN Kill switch

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Ihnel

VPN Kill switch

Post by Ihnel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Is there a kill switch built in the software or do I have to set one up myself?
I'm unexperienced when it comes to VPN software so if anyone has a easy solution please tell me

thanks

thisjun

Re: VPN Kill switch

Post by thisjun » Tue May 21, 2019 5:44 am

What is 'VPN Kill switch'?

Skimonster

Post by Skimonster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:36 pm

According to my search results, people have been asking for a Softether VPN Kill Switch since 2015, and not one post has received a response.

I'm having a problem even setting up a kill switch through win 10 and Comodo Firewall, as most instructions call for a "TAP-Win 32" i.d. that Softether doesn't have. Apparently, most VPNS have this setting.

As Softether does often "drop" connections, web pages have been able to easily identify me as they wish. Not happy about that.

Softether claims to be better and faster than OpenVPN, but OpenVPN does have that "TAP-Win 32" i.d. that will make a kill switch easier to function.

I can barely keep up with these terms, let alone easily figure out how to negotiate the VPN jungle.... What to do....

fenice

Post by fenice » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:55 am

These forums are not the place to ask for features. If you want something implemented the file a request (with full description and use case) on github.
Regards

Bill

Skimonster

Post by Skimonster » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:28 pm

fenice wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:55 am
These forums are not the place to ask for features. If you want something implemented the file a request (with full description and use case) on github.

Sorry, I have NO IDEA how to post on github, where to post, or even how to navigate that site! :/

I'm a total newbe trying to figure out too many net issues all at once.

I find info on how to configure Comodo Firewall - or Windows 10 firewall - but the instructions don't always seem to match what my pc shows me.

Any instructions of links to help me out, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks.

fenice

Post by fenice » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm

OK, the easy answer is that you post here: https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/ - you will need to register an account to post, when you've done that click on the Issues tab then the New Issue button. I'd suggest you take a look around there first before you post, you'll get an idea of what information might help progress your request and it also helps to give some sort of intended "use case"..
Regards

Bill