Maximum throughput limitation for softether freeware

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Nibesh

Maximum throughput limitation for softether freeware

Post by Nibesh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi Soft ether support Team,

We are performing one throughput test as per below steps using softether L2VPN server and client ( freeware version of softether), but in our test setup maximum throughput we are getting 400 mpbs, is there a way for softether to support the max throughput of 1000 mbps.

Setup steps for performed test:

1. softether L2VPN client runningon a laptop ( Laptop is on LAN)
2.softether L2VPN server runs on a server( server is on WAN)
3. using Iperf test tool , we started LAN to WAN bidirectional traffic .
4. And we measure the throughput at LAN soft ether client
5. We expect more than 900 Mbps throughput , but getting only 424 Mbps.

Issue- We are getting maximum throughput of 424 Mbps, but we are expecting 900 Mbps

Queries:
1. Is there any limitation in freeware version of soft ether that can only restrict throughput to 424 Mbps, Or please suggest the tricks to get 1000 Mbps data throughput
2. Is there any paid version of soft ether tool available which can support more than 1000 Mbps. If yes please let us know the support cost and the procedure to follow .

Appreciate If I can get this at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Nibesh

EckyBrazzz

Re: Maximum throughput limitation for softether freeware

Post by EckyBrazzz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:09 am

Hi there,

You want to test with Iperf3 as that is newer.

Even if your network card is limited to 1Gbps, it is split up in 2 parts 500Mbps on direction and 500Mbps the other direction.
I use SoftEther freeware on dedicated machines with 10Gbps port speeds on some machines and can tell you there is no limitation. (well everything has a limit, but technology is involving, so these limits go UP)
It's done when it's done. In my case it's never done, it can always be done better.
YOU DON’T BUILD A BUSINESS YOU BUILD PEOPLE AND THEN PEOPLE BUILD THE BUSINESS
mrEckendonk