GL-MT300N-V2 Softether Client Selection

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jeanp

GL-MT300N-V2 Softether Client Selection

Post by jeanp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm

I am trying to put just the Softether Client on my GL-iNet router GL-MT300N-V2-4c7.

The little router is running LuCI Openwrt 18.06 branch and it says the architecture is MEDIATek MT628AN Ver:1 eco:2

Can I run the Linux verison of the Softether on this router so that I can have it connect to my remote Softether VPN Server.

I don't want to connect to my Softether server via the OpenVPN emulation. I would prefer to have a client on the GL-MT300N-V2 to connect to my SoftEther Server.

Can someone give me the step by step instructions and commands to accomplish the connection between the two?

Thank you.
JeanP

sky59

Re: GL-MT300N-V2 Softether Client Selection

Post by sky59 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm

I am afraid that Linux version you mean is for x86 architecture.
It seems your router is using some processor that compiled binary is not available. So you have to first compile softether source using proper tool chain for you router processor. Not easy. Probably crosscompilation. Even more difficult.

sk3dd

Re: GL-MT300N-V2 Softether Client Selection

Post by sk3dd » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:48 pm

SoftEther VPN is available and precompiled for OpenWrt just do 'opkg install softethervpn'

However you need to configure routing yourself it can be tricky for beginners

I wrote a script which is automatically doing the installation for you but i didn't test it for GL-MT300N-V2 only for GL-AR300M

You can try and see if it works or maybe just copy processes from my script it may help you. Look at install-client.sh on https://github.com/sk3dd/unchain

It works really great on AR300M