Routing all traffic through VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
SlightOffset

Routing all traffic through VPN

Post by SlightOffset » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Since the VPN will work in the form of a network adapter, there is conflict with my normal adapters. Both, the vpn adapter and local adapter work but my internet traffic still gets routed through my Local Area Connection by default. Do you guys happen to have any nifty tricks up your sleeves to route ALL my traffic through my VPN adapter?
Thanks!

SlightOffset

Re: Routing all traffic through VPN

Post by SlightOffset » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Oh and the platform is Windows 7 and Windows 10

sky59

Post by sky59 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:22 am

only linux suffers this problem

i did not notice it on windows

read this:

https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=64171

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Slight,

The traffic should use the SE VPN client adapter by default. However you can use the steps below to verify and or fix your issue.

Verify or set the SE-VPN adapter's "interface metric" is set to "1" and automatic is unchecked. Set all other native network adapters ( Wifi & NICs) to automatic or set them each with a different number greater then "1". The lower the number the higher the priority. So the SE-VPN adapter would get priority when connected as it is should be set to "1".
interface metric.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

虫爬天下

Post by 虫爬天下 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:14 am

thanks ,The problem is solved