Watch out for the impact of IPv6 on VPNs

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Nt_setvwy

Watch out for the impact of IPv6 on VPNs

Post by Nt_setvwy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:03 am

In the process of using the VPN, I found that when the IPv6 option of the network card is turned on, the traffic becomes extremely unstable, so I turned off the IPv6 option and it is completely normal. This is my experience in long-term exploration. Help, but also hope to attract the attention of developers, IPv6 protocol has indeed affected our VPN, thank you

fenice

Re: Watch out for the impact of IPv6 on VPNs

Post by fenice » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:01 am

That's not my experience. All my machines have IPv6 enabled and none of them show any problems when accessed via a VPN remotely and none of them have any problems accessing the internet etc. over a VPN.

You'd be far better describing the problems you're having than just saying 'it doesn't work'. Which distribution(s) are you using, what sort of problems, are you behind a NAT router, which version of SofetherVPN etc., etc. The more detailed your description the more likely you are to get help.
Regards

Bill

Nt_setvwy

Re: Watch out for the impact of IPv6 on VPNs

Post by Nt_setvwy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:47 am

Because I come from a region where information is strictly controlled, we are troubleshooting the root cause one by one. Starting with the analysis of the network environment, it is possible to delist our Huawei equipment.