SoftEther connection is displayed as in Ecuador

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
oflfa

SoftEther connection is displayed as in Ecuador

Post by oflfa » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a weird behavior when we connect through SoftEther VPN and I am not sure if it is related to the software or to our server location. Our office is located in Canada, our servers (Unix-based) are installed in a cloud-based datacenter also in Canada and both our computers and servers are configured in the appropriate timezone. When we connect to SoftEther VPN server located in the datacenter, we share the public address of our firewall. Performing a lookup on the IP address it resolves somewhere in Canada. The issue is that some applications such as Youtube, Spotify and most websites thinks that we are now located in Ecuador and all ads are in Spanish and relates to products available in Ecuador. I looked at the settings in SoftEther, on the server where the VPN is installed and at our firewall for any clue why we would be located in Ecuador but I cannot find it.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue ? Is there a setting somewhere that I should be looking for ? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank