New server with SoftEther and same config doesn't NAT

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Mastiff

New server with SoftEther and same config doesn't NAT

Post by Mastiff » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm

I have a bridge beteween my house and my cabin by the sea with SoftEther and a Windows Server in both ends. I have recently upgraded to Windows Server 2019 (from 2016) in the house, which has the bridge (the server's at the cabin), and I copied the config to the new server and fixed the local bridge to point to the new network card. But there's somehing wrong, because the SoftEther server at the cabin doesn't do NAT. From the Windows Servers themselves I can go back and forth with ping and VNC. But not from other computers on the network, no matter if they're physical or VM's running on the Windows Servers themselves. And the thing is that I upgraded a few weeks ago at the cabin, so that Windows Server is 2019 as well. But if I reboot back into the previous setup on the home server (so the Server 2016), with the same SoftEther server, but the previous client, everything works again. Which probably means that the error is in the client, not the server. Does anybody have an idea what this can be? I thought I had done the RRAS setup just like it was before, and I'm assuming DCHP and DNS doesn't come into this.

Mastiff

Re: New server with SoftEther and same config doesn't NAT

Post by Mastiff » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 am

I finally found something that seems to help, setting DisableIpRawModeSecureNAT to true instead of false, from another thread on the forum. It got me a bit further because I can pint 192.168.2.2 and 0.2 respectively (which I couldn't before), but everything's not working yet. I see no errors in the log, but I can't get to any of the computers on the other side of the bridge except for the server where SoftEther is running. And it doesn't explain why this setting didn't create any problems on the old server 2016.

centeredki69

Re: New server with SoftEther and same config doesn't NAT

Post by centeredki69 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:29 pm

Did you name the new 2019 installs with the same "computer name" as the old 2016 machines "computer Name"?
Its my understanding that when transferring a SE config file to another SE vpn server the "Computer name" needs to be the same for all features to work properly.
I'm not sure if this helps.