OpenVpn Connect V3 - Topology Subnet change

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
givemesam

OpenVpn Connect V3 - Topology Subnet change

Post by givemesam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:58 pm

Looks like the OpenVPN project has depricated the V2 app mostly, and this means we really need Softether to support the new topology of "toplogy subnet" vs "net30"

I cant get the v3 client in windows to work with net30 topology, and it looks like net30 is quite depricated now.

I see here that some work was done and merged to master code.

https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/pull/649

some of this was a bit over my head, but it looks like it a suggested fix was merged to master in 2018?

Any idea when this will make it to the update/official release so we can use it? Will we get a dip switch in the gui or something?

Thanks

artioni81

Re: OpenVpn Connect V3 - Topology Subnet change

Post by artioni81 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:38 pm

givemesam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:58 pm
Looks like the OpenVPN project has depricated the V2 app mostly, and this means we really need Softether to support the new topology of "toplogy subnet" vs "net30"

I cant get the v3 client in windows to work with net30 topology, and it looks like net30 is quite depricated now.

I see here that some work was done and merged to master code.

https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/pull/649

some of this was a bit over my head, but it looks like it a suggested fix was merged to master in 2018?

Any idea when this will make it to the update/official release so we can use it? Will we get a dip switch in the gui or something?

Thanks
You want to use v3.x clients to connect to v2.x servers, right?

givemesam

Re: OpenVpn Connect V3 - Topology Subnet change

Post by givemesam » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Correct, the new v3 app from openvpn connect

to whatever server version is baked into softether

i dont know if softether is using 2.3 or 2.4, but it doesnt seem to support topology subnet.

Thank you