Server Problems

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
repe

Server Problems

Post by repe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:50 am

Hello all,

We are using SoftEther for SSL-VPN connections using SoftEther client. We have arround 35-40 clients connected every day.

Every 2/3 days we have a general problem with SoftEther VPN and all clients were disconenced suddently.
We just restart our server, but need to wait arround 20 minuts to have SoftEther system up and running again (server itself only takes 1 minuts to be ready).
Seems like a general problem on SoftEther servers.... It also could be that our server lose connectivity to SoftEther servers for whatever reason.

So, basically I would like to know if there's someone else with the same issue. (this will confirm a SoftEher servers problem)

Thanks and regards

centeredki69

Re: Server Problems

Post by centeredki69 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:26 am

I can confirm this is NOT a general problem with SE-Servers. I have multi SE-Servers with constant multiple connection using various VPN ptotolcols in locations world wide without connection lose for months on end. It should NOT take 20 minutes for the SE-Server to be working once the HOST server is up and running. Is your WAN/Public IP address dynamic or static? If your IP address is dynamic it sounds like your ISP is issuing you a new IP address every 2 or 3 days and your VPN clients drop connections. It would then take a while for the Dynamic DNS hostname to update with the new IP address.