Strange !!hardware!! behavior when running SoftEteher VPN server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
drozja

Strange !!hardware!! behavior when running SoftEteher VPN server

Post by drozja » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:22 am

Dear developers & users,

first, thank you for beautiful and powerful VPN software. I like the way it works and I love easiness of configuration and all the features.

However, I am facing strange issue preventing me from running the server on one of my devices. So what's happening.

Shortly: When running SoftEther VPN server, my server fans goes absolutely crazy. For no acceptable reason I could find.

Of course, it seems to be strange to bind this problem to SoftEther. However... The problem begin to occur when I install the server package. The problem stops to occur when I uninstall the server package.

Of course, I am always checking the taskmanager for current server performance. There was no other app using the CPU hardly. The SoftEther service binary took from time to time 5-10% of CPU - from time to time means in 10s cycles.

Actually, even when my server was on its limit (90% CPU taken), but without SoftEther installed, the CPU fan was running slower and was more quiet.

Today, I was migrating the server from one provider to another, technically moving it from place to place (to different server room). During this procedure, I turned it off.

After I turned it on, everything was normal. However, when I arrived back to home, I decided to give SoftEther one more try on this server. 10 minutes ago the server room owner reported that fans of my server are very noisy now.

I tested this multiple times and I am absolutely sure that something in SoftEther VPN is causing this.

My configuration:
Server device: https://lenovopress.com/tips0811-system-x3100-m4

I would appreciate any help. I want to give SoftEther chance.