SecureNat Nat function dropping on CentOS6

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jfmachado

SecureNat Nat function dropping on CentOS6

Post by jfmachado » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:18 am

Hi,

I'm running softether on centos 6 and after everything setted up, I can connect, but nat stops working.
Hub ok.
Router ok
Interface ok
routingtable ok
user ok
group ok
client ok
iptables ok

When I disable Nat and enable again, it starts working fine for a couple minutes and then stops working again.

Connection to the server is ok, I can ping securenat interface lossless.

Nothing weird at any log, vpn or system.

Any tips? Kernel tune tips?

ps: bridging works, I can see the whole network, but can't reach own interface.

Thanks.

centeredki69

Re: SecureNat Nat function dropping on CentOS6

Post by centeredki69 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:27 pm

ps: bridging works, I can see the whole network, but can't reach own interface. Do you mean "local Bridge"?

If you are using "SecureNAt and "local Bridge" on the same "Virtual HUB" at the same time this will cause a conflict. Only one or the other should be used per "Virtual HUB" at the same time.

jfmachado

Re: SecureNat Nat function dropping on CentOS6

Post by jfmachado » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:29 am

Starting with the obvious, it's impossible to use both things simultaneously.

IF I use the hub in bridge mode (BridgeCreate), I can see the hole network, but I can't see the services running on the bridged interface (or the server I have connected, to make ir clear).

IF I use the hub with securenat, it works for a random amount of time (seconds to a fewm minutes) and stops working. I have another server with the same setup, works like a charm (same CentOS version AND hardware, by the way - IBM x3500 series).

Hope I made myself clear.

Thank you for you attention.