can't I create a HUB named VPNGATE

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
squadmind

can't I create a HUB named VPNGATE

Post by squadmind » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Why can't I create a HUB named VPNGATE
Most of the nodes in China are not available. Now I have a host in Hong Kong that can be used by any host in Hong Kong
Can I use the host computer in Hong Kong as the relay between my computer and SOFT?What should I do if I can ?

Thanks
Roadrunner email

centeredki69

Re: can't I create a HUB named VPNGATE

Post by centeredki69 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 pm

VPNGATE HUB names are reserved for the VPNGATE project. ON the Hong Kong HOST install the "WINDOWS" version of SE-SERVER software. You may then enable the "VPNGATE" feature. Only the "Windows versions offers this option. NOT Linux. Understand that others will also have access to this VPNGATE hub as they are generally posted on the VPNGATE site and in the Client plugin. You will have NO control of this HUB. The VPNGATE feature is ON or OFF. If you are just wanting to connect to Hong Kong for personal use. Then create a HUB and name it what you like. You can then set it up and use it as you want and you can control who has access to the VPN.
VPNGATE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.