What I have to do to make Server route Client-To-Client Traffic?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Sputnik

What I have to do to make Server route Client-To-Client Traffic?

Post by Sputnik » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:20 am

Story: I already have an OpenVPN server that is configured to allow connections to server RDP by specific clients. It will not process all traffic through but only connections to a server or other clients (LAN). The server is also able to host any servers (only for VPN network) because it can bind to address (default) 10.8.0.1, because there's a TAP adapter virtually, but "physically".

I have configured SoftEther by using the default starting addresses such as subnet 30. the server is 192.168.30.1, the first client is my Android Mobile Phone (.10). My Android can ping to the gateway and itself properly, but the server cannot ping to Android. I also tried to create another user and I set up my server also as a client with its Virtual Adapter (.11), but with no luck. I cannot ping from 11 to 10 or 10 to 11 or, from 1 to 10 or 11.

What is my goal: I want to set up a VPN server that is able to connect to each client and each client is able to connect to each other and the server should have "Virtual Adapter" so I can bind servers into it without playing around with Firewall. Simply, because I want to enable one internal service and let each user host their own servers in the VPN network. I have configured this kind of setup on OpenVPN and it works fine, but I need L2TP protocol instead of OpenVPN custom protocol.

Protocol: L2TP IPSec PSK
Virtual DHCP: ON
Virtual NAT: ON or OFF (tried)
Full-Traffic Through: OFF
Result: The same

Well, what I have to do? I have no idea anymore.