Softether Configuration Considerations

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Get Smarts

Softether Configuration Considerations

Post by Get Smarts » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:37 am

Good afternoon,

I am relatively new to using SoftEther however and finding it exceptionally excellent product.

I have a specific project that I’m using it for however I am having some configuration issues with it conceptually.

We are working with a mobile carrier ISP who obviously runs their own radius server.

We are looking at firstly setting up an IPSec Tunnel between our server (sitting in Azure Cloud) and that particular radius belonging to the ISP.

This is the first issue we need to address. Setting up the IPSec Tunnel between the 2 points. I am not sure how to achieve this with SoftEther.

All authentication (user name and password) is handled by the ISP. Further the ISP will be issuing all of the Static IP’s for the services which we in turn want to pass through these to end connection point which is a SIM card in an IOT modem.

I have been trying to work out the overall configuration to achieve this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I’m happy to engage someone to create this if required.

Please message me if you could assist.