Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gg4real

Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post by gg4real » Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi all,

First: I wanted to say thank you for making such a great product! It's been incredibly useful for me.

However, I've been experiencing system crashes recently on my server - I've been using more memory (but only about 50-75% of the available 32GB), and it seems like that might be causing a driver (SeLow_x64.sys) to fail and trigger a windows crash and automatic restart. This only happens about 1-2 times per week but it's an issue because I have to reload all the other work running on the server, etc etc...

Apologies if I'm posting a duplicate problem - I searched in the forum but it seems like the only mentions of this were from years ago and it was fixed back then.

I have a few of the full MEMORY.DMP files but I don't think I can upload them here because they're 10+GB in size - however, I do have the WinDBG64 report extract attached here - hopefully that can help?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!
--George

(Note: I'm on SoftEther VPN 4.0 Ver 4.32 Build 9731)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gg4real

Re: Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post by gg4real » Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 pm

(I'm not sure if others have permissions to see the file I attached - I can't - but if necessary I can post parts of it here... thanks)

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Mon May 25, 2020 5:05 am

Yes we can see attached file

Are you talking about the server or the client causing this issue?

gg4real

Post by gg4real » Tue May 26, 2020 3:04 am

This is on the server (running the SoftEther VPN service)

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Can you reproduce the problem in maybe a windows 10 vm or on another machine?

I've never had this issue on my windows 10 server

gg4real

Post by gg4real » Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Let me see if I can find a place to do that (run it on a VM) ... it seems like I just have to be using about 80% of the memory on the server, and then let it run overnight.

(I'm not doing anything special overnight; but I'm presuming that's when Windows Update or something else kicks in and starts using more memory)

If I DO get it to do it again, what could that do to help find a fix? I already have the MEMORY.DMP file and WinDBG64 output from the latest crash - - I'm guessing that the reproduction would just be another huge MEMORY.DMP file, right? Is there something else different that would help?

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

If you are able to reproduce the problem, you could open an issue on the softether github so the devs see it :
https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/issues

Let me know how the vm test turn's out.

ubuuntu

Post by ubuuntu » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi,

I am experiencing this same problem. Certain types of traffic appear to trigger this behaviour. For example, if I use RDP to a client on the remote network all is well. But if I conect to VNC connection on the machine that hosts softether server, things work for a short while (usually a few minutes) and then server machine crashes. Web seems to be mostly working, though some streaming (BBC iPlayer) causes occasional crash.

Have you been able to resolve this? I've checked issues on github but wasn't able to find this.

Many thanks