Assign a static IP address on SoftEther

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Eagle528

Assign a static IP address on SoftEther

Post by Eagle528 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Hi!

I have a few questions, is it somehow possible to assign static IPs to clients connecting to SoftEther Server?
I noticed when I reconnected a few times, that I always have the same IP address, is that always that address or does it change?

Also, I tried enabling secureNAT(which is not a smart thing to do I'm told, it is disabled now), and then inside the adapter settings in the control panel I switched it from automatic to manual, and then inside there configured my IP, and it worked, and after that people said that it is not smart to use secureNAT.

Are there any setting, so I can configure a static address in the adapter for when I'm not using secureNAT? Or can someone give me a step-by-step instruction how to make IPs static?

Please help me with those 3 questions :)

Thank you in advance.

sky59

Re: Assign a static IP address on SoftEther

Post by sky59 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Yes, it is easy. Setting static IP is done to the vpn adapter directly from the operating system.

Why you create multiply threads about the same problem?

Eagle528

Re: Assign a static IP address on SoftEther

Post by Eagle528 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Because it seemed like the last thread went far from the subject and that I will not be able to retrieve ti xD

Thank you.