Setup Site to Site VPN in complicated layout

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
OmegaRogue

Setup Site to Site VPN in complicated layout

Post by OmegaRogue » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 am

I'm having problems setting up a Site to Site VPN in a rather complicated environment.
There are two networks in two locations, on of them has a softether VPN server running on 192.168.222.101/24, and the other one has a bridge running on 192.168.0.50/24. Now this initially it looks like a simple Layer3 switch would do the trick, but the problem is that there also is a Subnet 192.168.0.0/24 on the network the VPN server is running on, so adding the route from the server network to the bridge network to the static routing table isn't possible as it would cause that subnet to be unavailable from the server subnet. Now simply enabling SecureNAT works one way when a computer on the bridge network is initiating the connection, but a two way communication is required.

OmegaRogue

Re: Setup Site to Site VPN in complicated layout

Post by OmegaRogue » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:20 am

Also I'd like to note that on the bridge network, it is technically possible to change the subnet to something with no overlap, but I would like to avoid that as much as possible as that would mean setting alot of things uo again, and even though only routers have static ips on the bridge network, most other things habe "Static" DHCP IPs, the router and DHCP server (an AVM FritzBox) can be configured to automatically assign the same DHCP IP to a machine everytime it requests one based on the Network Interfaces MAC Address, and moving over to another subnet could possible mess that up and then everything would have to be restored one by one so that nothing "steals" one of those IPs it's not supposed to have