vpn connect from cell phone but not computer

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gLeW

vpn connect from cell phone but not computer

Post by gLeW » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi, I have a strange problem

I can connect to the VPN Server from the Cellular either Android or Iphone.
They are connected to the 4G or 5G network, or to any Wif, always connect without problem.

Now when I try to connect the PC (Windows 10), from the connection of Windows itself, I get the error "The L2TP connection attempting failed because the security layer ... etc"

The configuration is the same for all devices.
Users connect with a configured IPSec Pre-Shared Key + Users and password

The redirected ports are the 500 + 4500
With those 2 ports the cell phone connects perfectly.

Then I also redirected the 443/992/1194/5555/1701 but it didn't work either.

It no longer occurs to me what to try, the weird thing is that cell phones with the same user connect perfectly from the Windows 10 PC there is no way.

nobody12

Re: vpn connect from cell phone but not computer

Post by nobody12 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:55 pm

You could use the softether native VPN for Windows which IMO is superior to the windows native VPN, but you might have your reasons to stick with l2pt.

My Guess: Even windows 10 is still not compatible out of the box to L2TP over IPSec behind NAT? This article:
http://woshub.com/l2tp-ipsec-vpn-server-behind/
suggest it. I havent tried myself, but if you did not care for VPN behind NAT until now, give it a try. Also this article mentions that even recent Windows 10 builds dont allow more then one L2TP over IPSec client behind a NAT router, resulting in an error message similar to what you wrote.