windows client 4.3.6 (9754) redials even if not told to do so?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
nobody12

windows client 4.3.6 (9754) redials even if not told to do so?

Post by nobody12 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:50 am

When I setup a connection using the windows client, regardless what I set in the settings of the connection, it will redial endless. I tried to set to 0 times redial, but then I cannot press the OK Button.
What I dont know, if this setting only affects the clients behaviour after a sucessful connection?
But even, when I authenticate successful and check "do not save password" it will automatically dial the next time.

What I want to accomplish is that before connecting, the client should present the user with the password dialog (I use motp authentication, so it makes no sense to immediately start the connection and also saving the password). Worst case, this will trigger a failure counter at the motp server, and after 10 tries the client might be locked out permanently.

How should the client autoconnect/reconnect option behave? Is there a way to get the behaviour I desire?

nobody12

Re: windows client 4.3.6 (9754) redials even if not told to do so?

Post by nobody12 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Bump...
Anyone - please tell me if i oversaw some obvious settings?
Two of my four testusers have managed to lockout theirselves by just doing nothing. Well, I have set the aut-lockout counter to 999 to temporarily fix this problem.
How are the settings meant I can choose in the client regarding auto redial and save password?