Specify virtual hub with OpenVPN client and signed certificate authentication

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jds_support

Specify virtual hub with OpenVPN client and signed certificate authentication

Post by jds_support » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:51 am

I have successfully used the OpenVPN client to connect to a user in the DEFAULT virtual hub with signed certificate authentication however, I can't find a way to use the OpenVPN client to connect to a user in a different virtual hub using signed certificate authentication.
I know you can specify the virtual hub with username/password authentication, but is there a way to specify which virtual hub you want to use in the OpenVPN client when using certificate authentication?

cferoiu

Re: Specify virtual hub with OpenVPN client and signed certificate authentication

Post by cferoiu » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:04 pm

i whant to use another ( no default) "virtual hub" with same user, is possible? we need some example of ovpn config file

valant98

Re: Specify virtual hub with OpenVPN client and signed certificate authentication

Post by valant98 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:15 am

I am currently facing the same problem, if anyone had a solution, i would greatly appreciate it.

shakibamoshiri

Post by shakibamoshiri » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:07 am

It seems you can create/assign a certificate for a specific user of a hub. I did not test it though
https://linuxfun.org/en/2022/08/29/how- ... tether-en/

ave

Post by ave » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Same problem here - can`t connect to non-default virtual hub with certificate auth type (signed or individual - does not matter)