Getting SE working with just WIFI

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
atlbcliff

Getting SE working with just WIFI

Post by atlbcliff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 pm

All - does anyone have a good wiki to make SE work with just a WIFI connection, as i am not able to bring the WiFI adapter in the bridging screen and even though i have enabled secure NAT as described in the forum, clients are not able to connect at all. I am also using the vpnazure way and i get the same behavior. Can pointers are helpful and once i can get it working, i can post the same in a wiki for anyone in the future.

solo

Re: Getting SE working with just WIFI

Post by solo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am

Some network adapters and network adapter drivers may not support promiscuous mode. network adapters which do not support promiscuous mode cannot, in principle, be used for local bridging with the VPN Server / VPN Bridge. Most network adapters, however, do support promiscuous mode and can be used without any problems. Below are some typical examples of network adapters which do not support promiscuous mode.
Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11) network adapters.
All other network adapters with device drivers incapable of moving to promiscuous mode.
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... cuous_Mode

No need for a wiki, simply find a wifi adapter supporting promiscuous mode. Refer to Kali Linux recommendations as promiscuous mode is essential to its operations. Here is "Best WiFi Adapter for Kali Linux".