SoftEther PC to LAN Configuration Support Needed

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
AnimatedAneurin

SoftEther PC to LAN Configuration Support Needed

Post by AnimatedAneurin » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Hello All!

I need support in setting up a PC to LAN VPN Server that connects SoftEther Clients to my Corporate Network via CORP Credentials (Active Directory) which can allow VPN users to access/join the domain, and communicate with other devices on the network (Ping, ftp, etc)

I'm not great when it comes to networking so please explain in a more simplified way if possible, much appreciated in advanced.

I've managed to connect my device to my Corporate Network (With Standard Username and Password and not AD) through the Corporate DHCP which gives the SoftEther Client VPN it's IP, DNS, etc. But when trying to communicate with the devices on the network it fails.

Attempting to use AD for SoftEther Client fails.

All Server OS's - Windows Server 2016
All Clients OS's - Windows 10 Pro

SoftEther Server is NOT on DC, but it is on a server that is on the Domain.

Troubleshooting I have performed:
Ping - Destination Host Unreachable from client side to DC/Request Timed Out from DC to Client
Tracert - Fails on both sides of Client and DC.
FTP - Manages to connect to some devices but not all. Intermittent connection to the point where it cuts the connection within a few seconds of it being connected.
Checked CORP DHCP - Can see Client VPN with an IP
Checked SoftEther Server - Bridged CORP Network Interface with Virtual Hub, SecureNAT Disabled
PortForwarding - Home Router is portforwarding to VPN Server.

Not sure what else I need to check/provide. Any Support will be massively appreciated!

kawaGUCCi

Re: SoftEther PC to LAN Configuration Support Needed

Post by kawaGUCCi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:39 am

Ok Did you find a fix for this ? looks like I have something similar to this

nobody12

Post by nobody12 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:20 pm

Can you tell more details about your configuration?

isaacG

Post by isaacG » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:56 pm

I was having a lot of these issues until I removed the AV from my VPN server and shut down windows defender firewall. I would suggest for the sake of "testing" get those pieces out of the way and get everything VPN related tested and working without... and then add Windows Defender and or the AV system back into the mix. OR use a clean installed server with nothing else added to it and start there.