How to eliminate "** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **" text from initial message

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
MPHenriques

How to eliminate "** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **" text from initial message

Post by MPHenriques » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Is it possible to eliminate the LONG automatic message "** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **" from the initial VPN Client login message window? Or, at least, allow the administrator-defined message to appear BEFORE the aforementioned long automatic message?

Thanks for any help.

Maurício

eddiewu

Re: How to eliminate "** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **" text from initial message

Post by eddiewu » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 pm

Open the port so that Nat traversal is no longer needed.

MPHenriques

Re: How to eliminate "** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **" text from initial message

Post by MPHenriques » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:41 pm

Can you ellaborate on the safest way to implement this? Should I set the internal VPN Server listening only to port 5555 and forward this port on the firewall to it? Today the VPN Server is listening to ports 443, 992, 1194 and 5555.

Thaks again for any help.

Mauricio

eddiewu

Post by eddiewu » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:08 am

What have you tried so far?

MPHenriques

Post by MPHenriques » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:41 pm

So far I did not tamper with the firewall, as the VPN Server is working fine without any instability, even for very long connections. I just would like to get my message for the VPN users FIRST on the message window...

MPHenriques

Post by MPHenriques » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Hello

Did the test on the firewall using TCP port 5555 pointed to the VPN Server and also configuring the client to use port 5555 (originally the client was using port 443). VPN works OK and no "NAT traversal" message. I'll now restrict the server to listen only to port 5555 and test again.

Mauricio

MPHenriques

Post by MPHenriques » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:40 pm

Internal VPN Server (running on RPi 64-bit) works OK listening only to port 5555 redirected from the Mikrotik firewall. No other port is needed.

Thanks for all your help.

Mauricio