Port Forwarding

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
tifolahu

Port Forwarding

Post by tifolahu » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:20 am

Hi,

i connected an android phone through l2tp client that comes with the phone from Verizon. i was unable to get the connection to allow some SIP information to pass to an application on the phone. I tried to put the server in the DMZ and still no luck. I added the open VPN client and config file to the phone and was able to get the app to communicate after doing so. i have 2 questions:

1. Do Verizon and or other providers block ports or protocols through the mobile VPN client that comes with most phones? ( I was not able to configure it since i don't have access to it)

2. is it normal that a gateway would be able to block protocols or ports in a VPN? ( i was under the impression once established on a port it could bypass firewall rules for ports or protocols since it is encrypted. The only way i could get it working was to put the VPN server in the DMZ for now.)

the live nude cam sites:
https://thelivenudecam.com/
https://nudewebcam.me
https://thenudecam.com
Last edited by tifolahu on Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nobody12

Re: Port Forwarding

Post by nobody12 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:50 am

Did you use Softether as the VPN-Server?

regarding Q1:
L2TP over IPSec is a protocol which does not pass any proxy or firewall easily. Also unlikely it works good when the client is in an IPV6 network or behind Carrier NAT.

regarding Q2:
If you have a router which itself has the ability to be a IPSec VPN Server, chances are good it will not be able to let IPSec passthrough. Then, a simple port forwarding will not be sufficent to make IPSec work. Server and client have to be NAT-T compatible.

IPSec works best for Lan2LAn connections where the endpoint of the connection is at the internet gateway.

amisaxd

Re: Port Forwarding

Post by amisaxd » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:58 pm

tifolahu wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:20 am
Hi,

i connected an android phone through l2tp client that comes with the phone from Verizon. i was unable to get the connection to allow some SIP information to pass to an application on the phone. I tried to put the server of kmspico 11 in the DMZ and still no luck. I added the open VPN client and config file to the phone and was able to get the app to communicate after doing so. i have 2 questions:

1. Do Verizon and or other providers block ports or protocols through the mobile VPN client that comes with most phones? ( I was not able to configure it since i don't have access to it)

2. is it normal that a gateway would be able to block protocols or ports in a VPN? ( i was under the impression once established on a port it could bypass firewall rules for ports or protocols since it is encrypted. The only way i could get it working was to put the VPN server in the DMZ for now.)
I Also got similar question regarding connecting to l2tp client..