Cannot get IP addresses. Stuck at "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in VPN"

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
chococya96

Cannot get IP addresses. Stuck at "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in VPN"

Post by chococya96 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:57 am

Hey guys,

Please excuse myself for being oblivious to how VPN actually works however, for some odd reason, I am not able to get any IPs assigned once the connection has been established to the VPN Server. I have never experienced this before and the problem happened randomly a few days ago.

I am not sure what triggered for this problem to happen but, I have tried reinstalling the client, virtual network adapter and used different public relay servers however the problem still persist. I have not changed any network settings on my OS or on SoftEther VPN Client Manager.

I am currently on Windows 10 and the device I am using is not a virtual machine. I am not sure what other information you would need to troubleshoot but, please let me know.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Here is the screenshot of the being stuck "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in VPN":

solo

Re: Cannot get IP addresses. Stuck at "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in VPN"

Post by solo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:14 am

chococya96 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:57 am
I have not changed any network settings on my OS or on SoftEther VPN Client Manager.
but an app may have set DisableDHCPMediaSense

chococya96

Re: Cannot get IP addresses. Stuck at "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in VPN"

Post by chococya96 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:45 pm

solo wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:14 am
but an app may have set DisableDHCPMediaSense
Thank you. I did not know there was an existing thread with a similar problem.

Though, I cannot find "DisableDHCPMediaSense" under the stated location:

Any other place that I could search for it?

solo

Post by solo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:48 pm

If you have no static IPs elsewhere, you could easily reset the entire TCP/IP registry with "netsh int ip reset".

Also, perhaps your firewall is blocking dhcp packets?