Controlling multiple VPN locations with one

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
redrichard

Controlling multiple VPN locations with one

Post by redrichard » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:54 am

Hello,

I am trying to understand the right word so I can read up on how to do this. It may be a hub?

I am helping some friends who are running a group of computers that are from different parts of the world. They are individual servers, and they want to be able to give a select group of people to access them to manage a server software. The local box has to use a shared account due to what it is running.

They did not want to put the RDP sessions on the public net without a VPN, so they decided to go with softether. There are currently 6 locations and that number is growing. https://mini-militia.com/

Initially they were setting up softether servers on each location Server 1, 2,3 ...etc... And then managing the users on each.. On the client side they would just select the server they want.. connect.. then use RDP to connect to the local machine on that network using the local IP.

The problem is when a new admin comes on or leaves.. They have to login to 6 servers and delete the users or add at each location.

So what is the correct method of making one of the locations the main, where they can add and delete the users in one spot? Is that a hub?

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by redrichard on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddiewu

Re: Controlling multiple VPN locations with one

Post by eddiewu » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:40 pm

You can use a central RADIUS server to provide user authentication to all SE servers. However the communication between RADIUS server and SE is in clear text.
To solve that, you can use one of the SE server as central server and connects all the other servers to it (as SE client) and do RADIUS (as RADIUS client) over the VPN.