Hybrid Site-2-site VPN connection Issue between Softether VPN and Azure VPN gateway

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
horladan

Hybrid Site-2-site VPN connection Issue between Softether VPN and Azure VPN gateway

Post by horladan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been tasked at my job to create a site-to-site hybrid VPN connection between our azure cloud network(which uses a hub and spoke network topology) and our on-prem partner data-center in order to access resources. Initially, my thought was to create a route-based IPsec/ike VPN connection using azure vpn gateway, this thought was based on the premise that they would be using a popular vpn device with a public ip address that would allow me to make the connection using a local gateway. However, i have come to discover that they are utilizing softether VPN, With VPN authentication and session managed by this software. Also, They are only assigned 1 ip address by their ISP which is used for all services by port forwarding on their firewall. I have searched online and so far, i haven't been able to find a solution to the issue. As they are not assigned a public ip address, and I cannot seem to find support for Softether VPN hybrid s2s vpn connection with Azure VPN gateway. I would really appreciate any help i can get to solve this issue.

solo

Re: Hybrid Site-2-site VPN connection Issue between Softether VPN and Azure VPN gateway

Post by solo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:55 pm

Hello, a route-based IPsec/IKE-SoftEther Layer 3 hybrid is viable. Please review this doc and apply it.

horladan

Re: Hybrid Site-2-site VPN connection Issue between Softether VPN and Azure VPN gateway

Post by horladan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:43 pm

solo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:55 pm
Hello, a route-based IPsec/IKE-SoftEther Layer 3 hybrid is viable. Please review this doc and apply it.
Thank you. I'll check this out and test