VPN blocking

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Roshy.Kumar

VPN blocking

Post by Roshy.Kumar » Sun May 08, 2022 10:16 am

Dear Community,

I would like to get your opinion on the matter and to advise on the options to bypass VPN blocking.
Most of the VPN services in my country are blocked. However this blocking in most cases doesn't impact desktop clients. e.g. same account of Kaspersky Secure Connect works with desktop but does not from either iOs or Android.
I have decided to install my own SoftEther VPN server in Azure. I am able to connect from desktop using SoftEther client however still not able to connect from iOS Open VPN app with the same config. The default Open VPN port was also changed for the test purpose.
How does DPI distinguish mobile apps and how it can be bypassed? The only mobile app is working now for me is Proxy VPN but it is very slow. My assumption is that it is using SSTP protocol thus can not be blocked.

covis

Re: VPN blocking

Post by covis » Sun May 08, 2022 12:20 pm

Hello Roshy Kumar,
see my previous last post.
My solution for Android and IOs equipment is using OpenVPN Client for connection to SoftEther VPN Server.
It works.

nobody12

Re: VPN blocking

Post by nobody12 » Sun May 08, 2022 6:59 pm

There is SSTP connect in the Apple AppStore for IOS by Domosekai Limited
for android you can use Open SSTP Client by KOBAYASHI Ittoku

Did you try one of these, and what was the result? of course openVPN should work also.